Turn Signals 1984 f-250

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Is the turn signal supposed to click telling you it's on? Furthermore it should reset after a full turn - correct? 'cuz it sure isn't happening on my truck. Any ideas on what the culprit might be or where to start trouble shooting this?

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
yeah i hear a faint click when mine are on, do yours work? if not maybe a bad flasher, there are two of them on mine -one in front of the fuse pannel -one behind it-. as far as the not returning. sounds like the cam behind the steering wheel has lost its tabs.
chris

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Mine click into place, the lights work fine, just the return isn't the best. I would also like it to actually make more noise when the flasher is on so I can remember to turn it off.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
you could get a heavy duty flasher. they make more noise. as far as not returning, theres a pin in that assembly behind the steering wheel that toggles the tabs after the arm is locked in, no tabs = no return. they sell the switch at autozone. i believe in the help isle. check here for a pic
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70454
he gets way more involved then what you'll need to do. basicly just pull the steering wheel. the red circles are for what he's doing. the part your after is the white turn single switch.the link is only for a picture referance.
chris

Attachments

• Steering_Column_11.jpg
    Steering_Column_11.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online