Turbo removal

RenoF250

Reaction score
I am removing the turbo in search of an oil leak and I have everything off or loose but I cannot get the incoming exhaust clamp to let go, any tricks? I just pried the one on the output off with a screwdriver.

wycowboy

Reaction score
Ooo this is a fun job!! when you are talking about th inconing exhaust calmp are you talking about the up pipe from the exhaust manifolds?? or are you talking about the intercooler?? I know the y clamp on the down pipe turbo outlet can be hart to ge off I pryed mine off with a screw driver and hammer. spray some penitrating oil in there too. good luck J

RenoF250

Reaction score
Yeah, got it with spray SeaFoam and some whacks with a hammer and 2x4. I am not looking forward to putting it back in. It should not be that hard but keeping everything clean will be tough. I hope it does not need to come out again for a LONG time.

wycowboy

Reaction score
you are replacing the turbo pedistal o-rings I take it? getting the turbo pedistal off can be a trick.. Are you in reno NV,?

RenoF250

Reaction score
Yes, I am changing the pedestal o-rings also. I think they were the ones that leaked. It came off with no problem. I am a bit concerned that the pedestal had yellow o-rings and the turbo had black, the yellow appear to be the ones that leaked and yellow is what I got from the dealer.
I am not in Reno anymore, had to move over to the Sierra foothills. I go to REno all of the time though. I was just there.

wycowboy

Reaction score
John bush at dynamic Diesel is great to deal with if you ever need any thing in reno. I wold trust him with my truck he has helped me a ton!.and avoid jones west as much as posable athough the parts guys aren too bad *** some times you cant get parts any where else. I;m just up to the north of you on red rock road, north of reno.