Turbo Oil Accumulator

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody here run an oil accumulator for their turbo? I guess it supposedly helps with turbo bearing life by keeping oil flowing at shutdown/spool down. I'm asking because I finally figured out what the tee off of the turbo feed line going to the blue bottle nestled under my hood was. It's not very fancy so I figured it was something DIY one of the previous owners did, but once I saw there was more going on inside the tee it caught my attention. And with a mirror I was able to see BODA on the backside of the tee. Well, actually now that makes the tee an anti-drainback valve. So I looked up BODA and found the turbo feed oil accumulator kits. Is it worth putting back on, or should I just leave it off?

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yeah I figured I'd hook it back up. The oil line was rubbing on my airbox so I removed it and noticed springs inside the port. It's plugged for now but I'm going to get a new line made for it. Longer and more flexible too so I can route it better.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
May as well use it since you have it. Can't hurt and probably helps a bit. For normal shutdowns if allowed to cool at idle a bit after working it hard I doubt it makes much difference but that's just my uneducated opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726