Turbo install attempt

Nero Morg

Reaction score
I found a complete turbo kit, minus a few things. I found out the hard way that the pedestal is for an automatic, and I have the ZF5. I do however have a banks crossover pipe from a second gen kit. Will the pedestal from a second gen work with a first gen turbo and intake box on an 88 7.3? Sorry if there's lack of details, just spent literally all day yarding suff around in that engine trying to install the first gen up pipe, and found out it doesn't fit.

gandalf

Reaction score
Help us out here. Is it the 1st gen turbo you have, non-waste gated with the big square airbox? If it is, and you need an installation manual, I'd be happy to sent you one as a pdf file.

Also, fill in your sig block, tell us about you truck.

Nero Morg

Reaction score
Sorry about that, like I said very tired. The turbo kit is the first generation with no wastegate, giant box over intake. I have the install PDF, but I found here on this thread that the style pedestal I have won't work with a ZF, I need the second one found here. From what I've read finding a pedestal for a ZF is very rare and everyone wants one, so I wanted to see if a cross pipe from a Sidewinder kit would fit fit it. I picked up a crossover and up pipe at a wrecking yard, but the greedy guys there always take just the turbo's or superchargers off before even dropping them off in the yard. The Sidewinder pedestal looks like it sits slightly rotated to the passenger side, whereas the first gen pedestal mounts perfectly parallel to the grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online