ok so i got some parts in the mail and i have more coming
they hydroboost i picked up at a local yard
You must be registered for see images attach

35$ ford pump resivor

green 2478 air filter now this is ****

thats an hx35/40 hybrid turbo its on for reference and a 21" comp monitor in background

i will have to move the wg actuator out a bit cause it hits and i dont wanna ruin an 80$ filter by any rubbing or melting

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also picked up a cobra 29 lx lcd
an intercooler
and some more parts idr right now

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pipes are already mocked up ready to go in with some adjustment
2478 Cone Filter
Mounting Inside Diameter - 4.00
Height (in.) - 9.00
Outside Diameter Base - 8.00
Outside Diameter Top - 5.00
End Cap - S.Steel
Style - Round Tapered
got it on sale for 65 bucks usually its round 80

ya im stoked if all goes well tomorrow will get a run to the scrap yard then clean out buddies garage and finish the manifold which is 90% done it needs some grinding and a few holes filled with weld. also i got to put it in place and run the pipe up to the turbo but its about a days work. once thats done im picking up some 3 inch bends for the dp and the oil lines itll be done. anyone have an issue with the filter being directly on the turbo? i think heat wise it should be fine but idk i may get some 4 inch pipe and run a small extension.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok whole list of parts i bought within last month with dollar amounts
hydroboost 40
and the new resivor 35
ic 95
air filter 65
electric fuel pump (2 one as a spare) 155
new cobra cb 130

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gettin close man. What are you going to do to add more fuel? Also is your engine studded too?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no studs but itll only be getting 17 psi which should not need studs but once i get a better wg ill get studs.
for fuel the ip is already turned up shoulde be fine

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
manifold teaser pics almost done needs the uppipe finished and then its ready to mount well with some cleaning up

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I hate to be critical, but, this was not a project for a novice welder. I see lots of poor/no prep, notching, etc, some of that welding is plain old ugly, and probably isn't going to live a long life, or even create a seal.
There should not be paint on that pipe anywhere near where you welded, but I can clearly see where the welding has burnt the paint off. It looks like wire feed with flux core, or really ugly stick, either way that is not pretty.
I really hope you don't think that header flange setup is going to hold pressure, those things are hard to keep sealed in a regular exhaust system.

I'm not out to criticise your work, but, more to give you a heads up that you may have problems not far down the road if you don't address the welds before you get things on the truck.

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya welds suck i know and a weldable primer is fine to weld through thats what the paint is came on the pipe. its a combination of stick and mig. the welds look crappy but penetrated it well and will hold up. the next one im going to have someone with a better welder weld up. what you recomend other than the header flange?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also to add to welds crappyness is the fact that i refilled any divets etc. to make it all smooth and pretty for paint

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The only kind of flanges I'd use on a turbo system if at all possible would be V-band flanges. They seal and are easy to install and remove as well as there being no gasket in them to blow out.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya thats not too bad of an idea ill look around for one