TTB springs with a dana 60 ???

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how would a set of small block gas frt TTB springs ride with a dana 60 frt axle? doing a 2wd to 4wd conversion and was just wondering if it would ride decent. also the springs are from an 1985 ex-cab long bed 351w and going on a crew cab long bed 7.3 idi 5 speed.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOULD ride like crap....springs would compress and you would have ***** for travel, try springs from a CC or EC camper special 460 engine auto trans truck...those are whats in my Bronco with 351 and it's a lift over stock damn backend too low now...rofl...but takes weight of heavy ass bumper and winch no prob...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
No sure how small block springs would act with a solid axle under them. They would be a lower rate , closer to f350 springs but I dont know How they would ride. NEW F350 springs are only about $240

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 92 f250 ex cab long bed 4wd, it was factory 351w/auto and i had converted it to diesel. also used 2" add a leafs with the springs. i loved the way it rode, rode great. i need a crew cab so i bought a crew cab dually 2wd, its factory 460/5speed, im putting the diesel from the other trk in it with the frt axle, and i have a dana 60 sitting here so i thought about using it. i know the TTB diesel springs are way too stiff for the solid axle, but since my springs for a small block, i thought it should ride well. im doing this project as cheap as i can due to some money things coming up right now.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 1983 F250 diesel springs on my Dana 60. I always thought it rode very well. They definitely had negative arc to them. I figured since they were well used when I put them in is why they rode well. Heck I'd try it and if they ride hard or too sagged so you hit the bump stops you can always swap them out for new springs.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TTB springs on a straight axle will ride like (donkey) I have TTB springs from an fF250 with a 460 on my F-150. Rides like complete crap, but the springs love the plow.

TTB springs are negetive arch and actually use a higher spring rate then a straight axle springs since there is leverage from the beams... Trust me you would be much better off with some actual F350 springs

Or you could throw an RSK on it and do some superduty x codes... Like brad did on his CCSB. Im sure that thing rides way nicer. Right Brad?

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TTB springs run into the range of 1000LBS stiffer than solid axle springs, even small block ones. I can tell you from experience that it will ride like a brick as they pretty much won't move at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online