1984 F250 Dana 60 Swap

420Bullnose

Reaction score
Finally, after collecting all the parts, dealing with the previous owners Shindigs and burning the midnight oil I got my first Dana 60 Swap done and should be getting tires soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

420Bullnose

Attachments

• IMG_20220209_154407798_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220209_154407798_HDR.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 5

CADHOWDY

Reaction score
WHEN I DID MY SAS, MY AXLE CAME WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE CALIPERS. WHEN I INTIALLY INSTALLED THE AXLE I DIDN'T PUT THE TRACK BAR IN AND I WOULD GET DW WHEN I HIT BUMPS ON THE HIGHWAY. THAT WAS UNTILL I INSTALLED THE TRACK BAR WITH NEW BUSHINGS. EVERYTHING BOLTED UP IN WITH NO FITTMENT ISSUES. I HAVE A BW 1345 TCASE WITHOUT A DOUBLE CARDON JOINT SHAFT.

420Bullnose

Reaction score
WHEN I DID MY SAS, MY AXLE CAME WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE CALIPERS. WHEN I INTIALLY INSTALLED THE AXLE I DIDN'T PUT THE TRACK BAR IN AND I WOULD GET DW WHEN I HIT BUMPS ON THE HIGHWAY. THAT WAS UNTILL I INSTALLED THE TRACK BAR WITH NEW BUSHINGS. EVERYTHING BOLTED UP IN WITH NO FITTMENT ISSUES. I HAVE A BW 1345 TCASE WITHOUT A DOUBLE CARDON JOINT SHAFT.
I bought a parts truck for all the brackets (and a spare Dana 60), had to do some drilling and with a little muscle, the Track bar fit right in, figured from the Great advice on here just do everything at once.

420Bullnose

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice going. After I did my swap I noticed I had some diff lube that would leak out the driver side tube at the knuckle if I parked with that side on the downhill. I read up on the issue and found quite a few people with that same situation and the consensus was that if you slightly overfill the diff then the extra will leak out by the wheel. I only mention it in case that happens to you and you're wondering what's up with that. I probably had a few tablespoons leak and then it stopped. Just my .02

420Bullnose

Reaction score
Nice going. After I did my swap I noticed I had some diff lube that would leak out the driver side tube at the knuckle if I parked with that side on the downhill. I read up on the issue and found quite a few people with that same situation and the consensus was that if you slightly overfill the diff then the extra will leak out by the wheel. I only mention it in case that happens to you and you're wondering what's up with that. I probably had a few tablespoons leak and then it stopped. Just my .02
Thanks for the heads up, haven't had that issue, but will see.

420Bullnose

420Bullnose

Reaction score
After almost 3 years of ownership I finally got a New set of shoes for the old girl, BFG KO2 285/75R16s. They're the same height as the old ones but they where a lot wider, my previous ones where Mudstar 315/75R16s, where old as hell, had about 15 plugs a tire and droned so loud you couldn't hear the motor when driving.

Well, I also ended up Upgrading to F-Superduty Springs for the rear and Rough Country shocks all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online