Trucks dead...need help.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the negative battery wires off both batteries, then charge them up, both have to be dead. After charging, reconnect just one negative on one battery. Then see if you get the crazy lights as you say you get. Report back then. WATCH FOR BURNING WIRES WHEN YOU DO THAT.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Just put battery charger on it...turned the key and everything went insane. All dash lights were blinking turning on and off. Tach was bouncing around. Gp relay clicking. And u could hear the fuel pump turning off and on with everything else..take battery charger off and back to absolutely nothing.....

THAT IS SKETCHY!!! PLEASE DON'T BURN YOUR TRUCK DOWN!

so a shop recently did electrical work on the truck? THEY screwed something up, get in touch with them ASAP!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Everyone should put this in your favorites. http://search.ebscohost.com/ Its free for use. Just think how intelligent you can be now.

User ID--Bedford -------- Password--Library

There is loads of info there, all makes and years of vehicles. Just "CLICKY" on Auto Repair.

Administrators should put this as a STICKY in all of the forums.

Go to ^^^^^^ and start checking out the wiring diagrams.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put battery charger on it...turned the key and everything went insane. All dash lights were blinking turning on and off. Tach was bouncing around. Gp relay clicking. And u could hear the fuel pump turning off and on with everything else..take battery charger off and back to absolutely nothing.....

If you hear a spooky voice that says "GET OUT!!!"

Get the heck out. don't be the dumb guy that slowly walks up the spooky stairs to look for the scary mystery voice LOL

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i guess it would be worth it to make sure the batteries are still hooked up in series. if that shop some how changed them to parallel then you are pumping 24V threw your system.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
i guess it would be worth it to make sure the batteries are still hooked up in series. if that shop some how changed them to parallel then you are pumping 24V threw your system.

Whoa, hold on now:eek:, you have it backwards, parallel circuits, the voltage stays the same, series circuits the voltage adds up.:angel:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will notice real quick when the negative cable touches the battery terminal if something is burning or wrong.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the negative battery wires off both batteries, then charge them up, both have to be dead. After charging, reconnect just one negative on one battery. Then see if you get the crazy lights as you say you get. Report back then. WATCH FOR BURNING WIRES WHEN YOU DO THAT.

Ok I'll try that tommorw.
What dose removing just one ground do?

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT IS SKETCHY!!! PLEASE DON'T BURN YOUR TRUCK DOWN!

so a shop recently did electrical work on the truck? THEY screwed something up, get in touch with them ASAP!

It did sketch me out alil when it did that... It was on long enough for me to say *** turn the key off and take charger off.

The wiring job was done about 4-5 months ago. But I will be back to talk to them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7