TRUCK STALLED A FEW TIMES THIS MORNING

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That loop is to allow for the motor moving in the mounts as it runs. Mine has it, had it before I replaced the lines so I put it back in with the new line. Could be just debris, etc got caught in there. Glad to here your running good so far!!!

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That loop is to allow for the motor moving in the mounts as it runs. Mine has it, had it before I replaced the lines so I put it back in with the new line. Could be just debris, etc got caught in there. Glad to here your running good so far!!!

I couldnt get it in there without it kinking, i think i have enough play in the line anyway. and it still stalled on me yesterday, so that's not it. ill probably replace the filters next. but this just moved to the back burner, as my furnace just crapped on me today.... i tell ya, when it rains, it pours.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still think its air intrusion....i pushed the scrader valve in again after a good drive and there was still air coming out, and it took a good bit for fuel to come out.

i noticed on the return fuel line on top of the filter housing is not very tight, (i could pull it off with my fingers fairly easily) i ran out of new tiny little clamps when i replaced the return lines. im wondering if that could be it. ill replace it with a hose clamp after work

EDIT: if i can find something that small... man that clamp is tiny.

Last edited:

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
volume and pressure test from the schrader, if the truck starts fine, but stalls after driving then it probably isnt air intrusion but rather lack of fuel flow caused by clogged filter or weak pump.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
volume and pressure test from the schrader, if the truck starts fine, but stalls after driving then it probably isnt air intrusion but rather lack of fuel flow caused by clogged filter or weak pump.

how do i test that and what should it be testing at?

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how likely is it bad filters? like i was saying, after a good drive, no fuel comes out of the schrader valve for a while, because air is coming out. so to me it seems like theres definitly an air intrusion going on. i hate to spend money on filters if they arent needed. money is tight at the moment.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score

where do i get a meter for that? and what should it be running at?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Plumb a low pressure gauge into your cab, Then you will be able to rule out fuel delivery and give yourself GOOD REASON to move onto air intrusion. You could be pushing the scrader valve in and simply have no pressure to drive the fuel out.:dunno

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the one i linked to wont help? id like to get something locally if possible. and again....what is the psi they should be running at?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.