Tricks for Tightening Alt Belt

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Jeff Dodson said:
Hey Okie, Thanx a million for this idea. I just put one on my 91 and it works
F A N T A S T I C, I mean when you put on a GATES belt and this pulley and then get it just tight enough, NO BELT POPPING left. Anyone that has not done this, REALLY NEEDS TO.

One question, I used the bolt size you had stated, but I would really like to get the bolt that really goes through this pulley. It has to be designed for some type of engine. It should have a fatter shank before the threads, that way it would fit snugger and be even farther from the water pump pulley.

You're welcome, I could not find the shouldered bolt when I lived in Baja, but the post just above yours has the answer to the bolt. I'll look around at Ace Hardware here, they have a pretty great selection of bolts and stuff. I'm gonna need to replace all my belts here pretty soon, as some are cracking. OkieGringo

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
any ideas for the A/C belt? Mine flops around just as much as the alternator belt. :mad:

Upon further looking at some pictures, it looks like it might be possible to put maybe a little bit bigger of a pulley on one of the holt holes near the compressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger