Tranny Trouble?

TTLS

INCOMING!!!
Reaction score
I have a '01 SuperCrew 5.4. The tranny "shudders" around 55-65 mph if I apply a small amount of throttle. This usally occurs after driving freeway speeds (75+ mph) :Sly and slowing down for construction or slower traffic. Also, when driving in town after the truck is warmed up in stop and go traffic, the truck seems to have no 'get up and go' when floored. It's like the converter is having trouble locking up or staying locked up. I don't think (at least I hope it's not) a slipping transmission. :eek:

I changed the fluid (tranny flush) last summer. I have not been towing heavy, unless a 800 lb. fourwheeler is considered heavy, and that is only in the truck once in a month or so. The problem seems to have surfaced since the summer weather finally got hot.

Do I have a sticky valve body or bigger problems?

TTLS

INCOMING!!!
Reaction score
Sorry it took me a while to get back. I'm not online as much as I used to be. The tranny is a 4R70w (door code U). Does that mean I'm screwed? (no pun intended...........)

JRJ04

Reaction score
Im having the exact same trouble you are. I have a 2001 SuperCrew 4X4, 5.4 V8, Lariat with 67K miles and just changed the tranny fluid a few thousand ago. Im in Houston so it definatley gets hot here, and when it does the truck just doesnt run like it should. I feel at a loss of power. It almost seems like it sticks in between shifts and i really ahve to give it gas to make it move. Now in the winter...it runs great. I too have the 4R70w. Have you heard of anyone else with this problem or found any answers as to why this happens?

sassyrel

Reaction score
4r70w--new style aod trans--put a shift kit in it and see if that solves the problem--get the heavy kit for your trans--they didnt shift worth dang right from factory--

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online