Towing with our 05 Trailblazer

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found a 90 F250 that needs to be "trailered" home. The problem is I'd have to pull it home with our 05 Trailblazer with 4.0L 6-cylinder, on a car trailer. Its 365 miles away from home, we might be going that way on a vacation this summer.
Has anyone pulled that much before with a Trailblazer???
I don't want to burn up the trans in the wifes vehicle.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not unless it has an aux transmission cooler. If you can keep the tranny cool, then go for it. You will get home eventually.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not unless it has an aux transmission cooler. If you can keep the tranny cool, then go for it. You will get home eventually.

Thanks Shadetree
Thats kinda what I was thinking, I'm not even sure this pickup is something I want to get. Just thinking if it did work how I could make it happen.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That truck will not fit on a regular car hauling trailer which is usually only 18 feet long, the trailer will be overloaded, the truck will stick out behind the trailer, which some states you'll get a ticket for that, and maybe be stopped until you can get something larger to haul it on. Got any hill's out thataway? 15 MPH up the hill's is not good, ticket for impedding traffic.

Just some thought's.
Towing capacity. 5400 http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/towing/towing-capacity/vehicle/towing-capacity-chart6.htm

Last edited: