Torque converter lockup idea

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Instead of a switch for the on/off, or on/auto, or however its done, i was thinking of a hand held unit. Something that would resemble a CB mic thingy. I want to use a coiling cell phone charger cord that would hook up to something you can hold in your hand, with a momentum switch on the top.

Due to the small guage of the wires i would probably have to hook it up to a relay that could take some more current, but this is what im thinking. Any one want to chime in for ideas?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
y would you want to lick the converter up w a handheld switch? I think your finger would get tired of holding it

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Well, mostly becaue I dont want to be turning a switch on and off when I want it to lock, or forget its locked and end up stopping at a stop sign and breaking stuff. Also the hills I encounter I wouldnt be holding it down for more than a minute anyway. I think it might be pretty neat to have hooked up that way.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Andy when you get used to the lock upo you will soon reaalize that it is usually left in one position for a while-shifting in and out manually will defeat the purpose of it.
It is a great mod I have towed many miles with it.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
basically, if your going to do it, use the switch. I see. Now i thought there was a tech article on this, but i cant seem to find it. There's a good chance its starring me in the face.