Top Gear America

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anybody see Top Gear America? We were robbed! $3000 to get a truck site unseen and not 1 IDI! Then put them in the hands of three guys that don't have a clue and let them drive them into the ground. Then blame the truck for not making it. At least Top Gear out of England has a support crew and tries to keep vehicles running.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least Top Gear out of England has a support crew and tries to keep vehicles running.

That's what i love about the England version, It seems like I'm always going "Ok that cars done for" but then they manage to keep the thing going for just a little while longer.

Edit: I realized i shouldn't say "a little while longer", because usually they keep them going MUCH longer than expected.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
yea i complaiend about that in my post too which included a fuel pump rant. For crying out loud they couldn;t even get the motor size right in the Dodge. THEY NEVER PUT A 5.7 in a DODGE. Its 5.2 or 5.9.

BAH.

uk tinker

Reaction score
Never having seen Top Gear America, but the UK version is the best, love the challenges they do, whilst I was in Iraq the only thing my fellow petrol and diesel heads looked forward to was Topgear...even whilst we were under attack!! :shoot:

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
99% of the time, you can tell who will win just by who is sponsoring it.. All the ATV shows always choose their winner who also just so happens to be the sponsor for the show

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
The US version doesn't have anything on the UK one, but then again it is in its first season and has nowhere near the budget and production value. I'm still waiting for them to find their stride and do something truly original...a good way to start would be to come up with some new "challenges" instead of re-hashing ideas from the UK show.
One of the things that makes the Top Gear UK awesome is the chemistry the hosts have with each other...each of them has the personality and presence to host the show on their own, and together they make a great cast whose love/hate relationship really sets the tone and makes for an interesting show. I'm just not feeling it from the US guys yet, if they can manage not to get canceled it may develop over time. Otherwise they're just another car-talk show.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The US version doesn't have anything on the UK one, but then again it is in its first season and has nowhere near the budget and production value. I'm still waiting for them to find their stride and do something truly original...a good way to start would be to come up with some new "challenges" instead of re-hashing ideas from the UK show.
One of the things that makes the Top Gear UK awesome is the chemistry the hosts have with each other...each of them has the personality and presence to host the show on their own, and together they make a great cast whose love/hate relationship really sets the tone and makes for an interesting show. I'm just not feeling it from the US guys yet, if they can manage not to get canceled it may develop over time. Otherwise they're just another car-talk show.

Thats right.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i call bs. chevy got stuck once.

the toyota never complained once. to me the toyota won. lol

that toy had a straight axle, and sounded like v-8 (my money's on a 350...)

i knew the dodge wouldn't make it, and if it wasn't for the rammy foot-to-the-floor driving, the ford would have idled up those rocks with those boggers on it.... :confused::confused: at least it was the basic straight axle chevy and not an IFS one. the 350 couldn't really hurt anything b/c it's so underpowered.... i wish one of them bought a scout i know that would have made it! ;Sweet that show is definately a joke, i knew when they hit the first creek pass and got a wet distributor and made a big deal about it, that the rest of the episode would kinda suck. those boys are a little slow.... LOL

-Jon

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
their all city boys. yea the ford shoulda made it farther, but i did notice it was a divorced tcase, and i belive thats the shaft that broke.

JwS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are harsh. I think on the engine size errors they were going by what the ads had said... and what fun would it be if they *****-footed around? they had fun, and I thought it was fun to watch.
JwS

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the toyota being the winner. The three American trucks were were flogged constantly-none stop, and blamed for their failings. Did they show the toyota being flogged even one time? Yes there near the end they showed it fallowing the Dodge and Chevy on a smooth road.