Too much fuel!

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05' 6.0 has started smoking...alot. Sometimes I'm getting so much fuel that it's literally choking until I get it blown out. The Banks unit that I installed is usually set at 5 but now it doesn't matter where I set it, it smokes. The smoke is solid black. It hasn't always smoked this much. Any thoughts?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, take the Bank 6 gun unit completely off. Are you building boost as normal? Are your EGT's normal? Puking coolant?

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kev, I wouldn't know where "stock" was at this point... if it bit me and Banks was no help. They just told me to set 'er at 5 and go! Ya, right.

I haven't thought about taking the Banks unit off, but I will if I'm going to screw up my pick-up. Boost is okay right now, but slow to build until the crap gets blown out. EGT's are from 900 (normal) to 1050 on the high side (no towing) and coolant issues are not present...thank God. I drive about 300 miles a day, at 70 to 85 mph... and don't have a smoking problem at high speeds while maintaining speed. Experienced the tranny slipping a few times (pushing the foot feed from 70mph to a higher speed in a rush) which scared the crap out of me, but nothing else. The smoking issues start when I'm in traffic and forced to keep it slow and when I have to accelerate from slow to moving out in a hurry. My husband says it's "just getting too much fuel", not to worry. I'm worried guys.

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mention that he drives a Dodge and would get a big kick out of watching me have this Ford towed. Not funny. I need help.

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shane... I'm not sure the problem is with the 6.0. The problem started with the performance upgrade. I'll move it if y'all think I need to. I just really want help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online