machines with attitude?
just short of a cyberdyne T2000

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
machines with attitude?
just short of a cyberdyne T2000

Imagine arnold saying "rusty metal"

These trucks are dead simple to work on compared to 90 percent of vehicles I've owned. I love the logical easy access to major components and the ROOM. Had to replace a heater fan in my mother in laws mercedes and the first two steps are remove the hood and firewall:dunno On these trucks it's three bolts and a wiring connector. There is that rear fuel pump bolt but it was much easier to install on a block off plate:sly. All in all there is nothing to complain about, take a few breaths and get it done.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my biggest complaint about working on my truck is that GD lip on the radiator support, and its only ****** me off when the radiator is out...
next time the radiator is out, im cutting that ******* off and welding up the seam!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or an overhead crane with a mission impossable harness..lol

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're lucky enough to be burdened with both problems with **** 'n tires like I am right now, just enjoy your time working on your truck. Trust me, it's easier to wrench on a truck because you can fix them.

It's more relaxing.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need that elevated creeper thing OLDBULL8 has. I have considered building myself one.

Can't find his pic but it is similar to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topside-Cre...8&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=400464942813&rt=nc

i have a 4' tall table, when doing major work, i run it up to the front of the truck.

If you're lucky enough to be burdened with both problems with **** 'n tires like I am right now, just enjoy your time working on your truck. Trust me, it's easier to wrench on a truck because you can fix them.

women have to be fixed with paper. legal tender and/or legal documents..lol usually mass quantities of both.

luckily, i have a woman that requires neither now a days.
all she asks for is 1 day a week. she does not think that inbetween the hours of 10 pm to 4 am is "quality time"

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
she does not think that inbetween the hours of 10 pm to 4 am.
is "quality time" lol too true.

My wife helped me set the heads on my truck a few weeks ago. She run the hoist for me. The minute i learned cracked heads it was an o crap im selling this pos moment. Never done cyl heads but i worked through it and it came out good and now i have new skills and knowledge i didnt have before.

Last edited:

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't agree more about how much it helps to just get things done. I had a somewhat irrational fear of doing anything that had anything to do with electrical wiring. But I cinched up and got to business and worked through the headlight relay mod, and between that and other learning, I've gotten a lot more comfortable with it and find myself trying to think up other improvement projects! To paraphrase my brother, "Its not really complicated, its just multi-layered simplicity." You eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online