Tires and Lift Kit

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking to lift my bko *with f250 drivetrain* and didnt price a *kit*

Priced lift springs front and rear, extended radius arms *rough country i believe* and drop pitman was a touch over 1400. But it didnt use blocks, nor drop brackets. im a fan of neither.

Im pretty sure the pitman arm was *tough country*

Rear springs were 4inch springs, and 4.5 inch in the front

Guy at rough country i talked to pricing said to the extra .5 in the front will sag out in a month or so and it will be level.

The same parts for 6inch were 1700 *pieced together again, not a kit* im not sure the extra 2 inches is worth around $300+shipping

Im not that good at automotive math, but 315/75r16 are roughly a 34.5inch tire. With a 3inch body lift you can fit those tires, with minimal rubbing on your radius arms. Only at full turn. Could save yourself some coin if you dont mind body lifts. 130 bucks, and your good with ~35s

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking to lift my bko *with f250 drivetrain* and didnt price a *kit*

Priced lift springs front and rear, extended radius arms *rough country i believe* and drop pitman was a touch over 1400. But it didnt use blocks, nor drop brackets. im a fan of neither.

Im pretty sure the pitman arm was *tough country*

Rear springs were 4inch springs, and 4.5 inch in the front

Guy at rough country i talked to pricing said to the extra .5 in the front will sag out in a month or so and it will be level.

The same parts for 6inch were 1700 *pieced together again, not a kit* im not sure the extra 2 inches is worth around $300+shipping

Im not that good at automotive math, but 315/75r16 are roughly a 34.5inch tire. With a 3inch body lift you can fit those tires, with minimal rubbing on your radius arms. Only at full turn. Could save yourself some coin if you dont mind body lifts. 130 bucks, and your good with ~35s

You would absolutely require drop brackets for 4" to keep front tyres like this |---| other wise you'll end up like this \---/ and that's not safe!

Drop brackets are required to keep the camber as close to stock as possible dropped or extended radius arms affect caster both of which must be managed to maintain safe steering and braking accordingly.

The only other option to drop brackets is having the TTB's cut and turned to maintain factory geometry and that is a bit more expensive than drop brackets...

JM2CW is all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat