Timbrens

Max Power

Reaction score
Those who have them what do you think? I have a friend with an '03 Dodge that needs more carrying capacity. I suggested timbrens and he is interested but neither of us know what exactly to expect.

White Ram

Reaction score
I have them and like them. The first bracket they sent made it so that the timbren rubber spring was always in contact with the axle. I did not mind the little harsher ride, but the boss complained. I called Timbren and told them what was going on and they sent a new mounting bracket free of charge. Now I have about 1" between the Timbren and the axle. Unless I have a load I have a stock ride.

My dad put them on his chev 1/2 ton and really likes them also.

I like the put them on in 10 minutes and never screw with them again, KISS (keep it simple stupid).

steve

Max Power

Reaction score
With the 1" space between do you find that the truck sits too low? In other if you had the choice would you run it with the timbrens touching or with the 1" space?

rubberfish

Reaction score
I had them in my last truck. I just put airbags in 2 days ago, and wonder why I didn't do it earlier. Way nicer then Timbrens, unless you want the truck to ride like a '92 Dodge.

White Ram

Reaction score
With the 1" space I get a stock ride, because they are not going to contact the axle. When they were in contact with the axle it was a little harsher ride but I did not mind it. The boss lady was the one who was a bit unhappy. I left the gravel yard a few weeks ago and weighed 12,500 pounds the truck rode level. The timbrens were not totally smashed down, and the truck rode real nice and smooth.

steve

Max Power

Reaction score
Thansk White Ram, looks like he will give them a shot. Sure a lot easier to install then air bags.

cat320

Reaction score
I have them on my '97 and they work well and I have that 1" space too. I just had my truck loaded all the way up with cement stone and some dirt from a demo job and it didn't hardely go down to where they are working hard .

rubberfish

Reaction score
Originally posted by Max Power
Thansk White Ram, looks like he will give them a shot. Sure a lot easier to install then air bags.
Two hours to do the bags, and only 5 holes to drill:D

BuckeyeQuickey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by White Ram
With the 1" space I get a stock ride, because they are not going to contact the axle. When they were in contact with the axle it was a little harsher ride but I did not mind it. The boss lady was the one who was a bit unhappy. I left the gravel yard a few weeks ago and weighed 12,500 pounds the truck rode level. The timbrens were not totally smashed down, and the truck rode real nice and smooth.

steve

Did you put them on the front to, or just the back?.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online