Tick tick tick

dman67

Reaction score
Replaced my back brakes on my 84 F-250 6.9 diesel 4x4 a few days ago. The brakes work fine, but there is this tick tick tick sound coming from what seems to be near the back brake area. Not so much looking forward to tearing the back end apart again. Any ideas???

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Watching this thread...exact same thing happening to me, did my rears 1 month ago...but it sounds like the ticking is in the front, I could be wrong though.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Had this problem before and it was some a spring that had broken in the drum, replaced it and the tick tick tick was no more.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had this problem before and it was some a spring that had broken in the drum, replaced it and the tick tick tick was no more.

I agree with Ryan. There is likely a spring rubbing on someting. Try and isolate it to one side or the other, that way you don't have to pull both drums.

Heath

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be a slightly warped drum. Did you have them cut? my truck did the same thing I hope to get it back together this week. One of mine was warped bad, I'll keep you posted if it fixes mine.