Throttle loss when engine is warm

Steven Walker

Reaction score
Another thing - If it only does it when warm, try using a jumper wire to jump the two top terminals on the IP together(rear = cold advance, front = fuel shutoff). If the return is clogged or keeping too much pressure inside, you can definitely have no power and dying.

I will definitely give that a shot as well.

While this may not help your situation, you sure won't go wrong with either one of those additives. One more thing, even with a water seperater filter (or the stock set up for that matter) there should never be anything leaking out of the bottom of the filter. It doesn't matter who may have told you differently. Fuel or water leaking out the bottom, will probably allow air to get in while it's running and will drain the filter when it's sitting. Maybe overnight, maybe longer, but it will happen.

No I dont have anything leaking out of the bottom of the fuel filter

Steven Walker

Reaction score
Okay so update time. I moved the fuel pressure gauge and installed a new bleeder valve. Highest pressure I saw driving was 6-8 psi. It did the same loss of power and blah blah blah and so I shut the truck off and restarted it and never did it again... now I'm confused to hell and back...

Steven Walker

Reaction score
Just noticed that this bolt somehow broke off... is this my issue???

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
No I dont have anything leaking out of the bottom of the fuel filter
Right. In an earlier post, you said that some one had told you that it's normal to have something dripping out of the bottom of the fuel filter and I was explaining why it's not normal or good.

Steven Walker

Reaction score
This was the post that I mentioned.

Okay I'm with you now and so I apologize. I'm currently letting the engine cool down so I can remove the top housing and hopefully be able to get that broken off bolt out... I also have a carter epump that I'm going to try and install tomorrow as well. However fuel pressure was right about 6 psi or slightly above so I'm hoping that it's that bolt be broken being my problem. I'm also going to change the fuel filter tomorrow as well.

Steven Walker

Reaction score
I also have the factory original turbo pump that I am going to rebuild (damn thing lasted almost 300k) so I can put it back in and a spare set of injectors that I want to rebuild as well.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I would not install the electric fuel pump now if you have good fuel pressure post filter.Don’t introduce another variable until original problem solved. If you haven’t already put it there move the gauge sensor post filter in the port originally used by the factory low pressure switch. Straight in or tee in the original switch.
What brand fuel pressure gauge are you using?

Steven Walker

Reaction score
It's a glowsgift gauge. I plugged into the port the factory switch was in and installed a new bleed valve. The factory switch connector was hosed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance