Think I found my duallys limit..

chumwon

Reaction score
I've played with my tps to where I was finally happy enough with it. The banks power trans commander has been on my mind but wasn't sure if it was worth it or make much of a difference...

Maybe something like a bank should trans command
Would help towing that heavy, also possible need to adjust tps sensor?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the banks trans commander but was on the truck when I bought it so unfortunately I can't give you back to back review

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly speaking, if you are going to haul over 10k in wieght, you need more gearing. with my F450's, most were 5.13's, but one was 4.62. the morphidite truck was very slow off the line but did pretty good up at freeway speeds. the 5.13 trucks topped out at 85mph on a good day falling off a cliff. your wedge trailer is capable of hauling 26k gross load if you are triple axle or 15k gross load with a tamden axle. do watch you weight over your GN. as long as you are running loaded, these motors will take the load at the governor all day long. you might go looney listening to it scream, but it will handle it.

chumwon

Reaction score
Trans fluid smells and looks great. Been noticing the TC will lock in 2nd or 3rd depending on it's mood with 2nd being most often. Thinking that banks trans commander may be the ticket.. my box an wiring is pretty ugly..

Yeah, you need a new trans now..........

Realistically, with the hills and load, your selector should have been in 2, you just severely shortened the life of your trans most likely, check the fluid, does it smell burnt?
On the engine, 212 is nothing, and 230 for a half hour doesn't even make me concerned.
Most of us who tow heavy have a stick, I'd much rather fry a clutch than a trans.
Stay out of overdrive towing.
I don't even use O/D with an empty pickup box trailer behind an auto.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go with an actual modified valve body rather than an electrical mod if you can.The transgo kits are nice.
Running in D is all you need to know for the E4OD.It's electrically controlled to do the shifting for you.It knows when to shift.You could definitely stand an F-Super Duty/F450 though for sure.She would tow that setup effortlessly compared to a pickup.

chumwon

Reaction score
A superduty would be AMAZING!! Butttt here we are with betty white the wanna be f450! :rock:

I'd love to go with a valve body kit if that'll help. Any particular kit you guys use or recommend?

I think I've realized not to haul two trucks with it. I've wanted to make it a redneck toy hauler with a pop-up camper for a while now. Use that body mounted on the front facing down ramp an I could still fit my SxS or ranger! :Thumbs Up

Go with an actual modified valve body rather than an electrical mod if you can.The transgo kits are nice.
Running in D is all you need to know for the E4OD.It's electrically controlled to do the shifting for you.It knows when to shift.You could definitely stand an F-Super Duty/F450 though for sure.She would tow that setup effortlessly compared to a pickup.

chumwon

Reaction score
Yeah I've thought it was a great idea for a while just gotta stop using the trailer to start making something happen! Then mount a generator, water tank an other essentials go in between the two frames of the trailer. Thanks on the direction to go with the tranny sir!

Transgo tugger while getting a reman trans.

This one if your trans is in the truck and still working:
the installation of transgo's E40D-HD2-D reprogramming kit (shift kit)

That's a cool camper w/ toy hauler idea! It would be fairly easy and I bet super fun to make too.