The wrecker from hell

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's another hunk of "old iron" only the hardcore can love :love:
added in edit....whoops, the NRC backend is new on the red truck, but its still nice to look at :D

Attachments

• DSC00637.jpg
    DSC00637.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00588.jpg
    DSC00588.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00595.jpg
    DSC00595.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freightrain said:
Twin steer A-car?? That's pretty cool.
I got a few more pics hiding in my hard drives on my main 'puter. Will post as soon as I find them. Funny thing, all the companies that own these twin steer AC's are from the northeast. Must have something to do with the roads? Driven out there once through NYC, lived to tell about it ;Sweet

indian347

Reaction score
The only old Mack i got close to had a tranny behind the cab.If i remenber right it was chain drive,4 huge cyl, no muffler an sounded real BAD.I bet in a 8 hr day you coulden't walk home. Jim

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
That mack ain't nothing!You should have seen the one a guy over on Steelsoldiers bought that was a Highpoint!They took a M123 or M125 10 ton tank mover truck and dropped a M816 wrecker body on it.45MPH top speed,Bias NDT military tires all around,903 Cummins with a crash box 5 speed.Has skid steer brakes(Double johnson bars.One for left and right tractor brakes and other for trailer) and the front axle was a portal axle with some amazing turning ability stock.You could nearly make the truck do a 360 in place like a bull dozer!

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
Check out www.wreckerdriver.com and there's a tow forum, www.tow411.yuku.com A guy named Danny, "DA WASH BOSS" has just posted a bunch of pictures in the vintage section of some old classic wreckers, and there are trucks at work from all over the world posted by the companies on there

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bad thing is when you're that big, you're a big target for every nosy nora and their cameraphone. sombody snapped this one of me as I was passing them in the slow lane.

Attachments

• trk45.jpg
    trk45.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 21

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
Nice! I'm still trying to get into a wrecker here in Salt Lake, statring to think about going back to Iraq.

I didn't think getting a towing job here would be as hard, but there aren't as many tow companies here running big wreckers as there are in Denver

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'm still trying to get into a wrecker here in Salt Lake, statring to think about going back to Iraq.

I didn't think getting a towing job here would be as hard, but there aren't as many tow companies here running big wreckers as there are in Denver
I won't work in the snow areas driving wrecker. Yes...I am a whimp when it comes to snow.:eek:
you got some pics from towing in the sandbox? if you do....POST THEM;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you on any of the tow forums?
i lurk alot on tow.411
I love the world of towing but I don't like towing forums. Mostly, I can't stand the crybabies there. The recovery pics do serve for alot of inspiration for my next recovery job.

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
i got pics and video's for days, I collected a bunch from the guys I worked with, my problem is having tie time to sit down and try to figure out HOW to post them. I've got some awesome stuff the truckdrivers over there put together, but some are too big.

Search under "preston wheeler" on youtube, he put up a bunch taken during convoys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online