The Oilburners hall of shame

blackflag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since someone else has brought it up I'll join in here too....Several months back DYoung listed for sale in the marketplace some BB code injectors. Hearing everyone rave about the BB's and knowing that sometimes they're tough to find I thought I'd jump on them. I sent him the money and he sent me the injectors as promised except for one small issue...they were B code, not BB code. Anyway, I sent them to typ4 to check them and to whatever he can do and he said they'd work just fine but I still feel as if the item was misrepresented by DYoung. Maybe they'll work fine but now I'm not sure whether to use them or bite the bullet and buy some BB's from Mel. I'm new here and certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes but as I said earlier since someone else brought it up I felt a little more comfortable sharing my experience.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
UPDATE ON DYOUNG14

Well, I'm here to report back on the finality of the situation with Dyoung. Sadly, in my heart, I had truely hoped that I would be able to report back with a retraction, as I am the first one to give credit where credit is due, but unfortunately, this has not turned out to be the case.
A couple days after posting in the Hall of shame, after not hearing from him for months, majically, out of the blue, I get a PM from him Obviously more attempts to try and blame me for his mess up, ironically on the very same day that I was on my way to have a talk with the postal inspector about his activities.
I'd had enough. I gave him a 30 day extension on my visit to the postal inspector to either deliver as promised or return the money. He said he'd have the alternator to me and I received a box shortly.

I took the unopened box to my regular rebuilder who I have known for over 20 years , and explained the situation how I had *tried* to help a young fella starting out with some cash and wanted to pay him to inspect the thing ( he didnt have any problem with it, because around here thats what we do, we do what we can to try an give young folks a leg up if they're willing to work).
But while the thing passed a basic charge test, what he found inside was one big lie as he put it . The only part inside that had been replaced was the Rectifier ., and voltage regulator ,( I had paid for EVERYTHING inside the case to be done new )while Dyound had told me he was building that thing up for 250 amp output, there was nothing inside to suggest that kind of output ( in fact as I was informed 200 in the max that you can realistically get out of one of these things without some massive modifications that include matched internal and external parts, my rebuilder refuses to do the things because they wont last under severe service and most of his are used by emergency services vehicles ), all of the things needed were absent, and the only parts recognizable as having been replaced anytime in the last 20 years were the voltage regulator, and the rectifier plate.
I did explain to him that the thing had sat under my hood for a few months while I was fooling with it trying to get it to work and had gathered some spotty humidity stains on the stator ( something he is VERY familiar with around here with steady 90%+ humidity a good portion of the year) and he pointed me to a whole shelf full of the things, and one that looked just like what I had sent back to him and another that looked just like what I got back, and he informed me that was an original ( a little humidity spotting cleans off with a spray can, but years of underhood heat and oil vapour staining does not). He also pointed out the rear bearing was an original..... and it squeeks.
So in other words, for a total of near $400 after all the shipping , I ended up with my old working core back with a fresh voltage regulator and rectifier in it( the core worked fine when I sent it... and it had more grease in the bearing because it didnt squeek ). So in other words, $400 for no value addded.

When I asked my rebuilder if the thing was safe to mount or toss behind the seat for emergencies. The answer was swift and certain. Behind the seat and don't count on it for long.

When I had sent the thing back, he told me that the diodes had blown ( no duh, obviously from being run with no ground since he had painted over the ground points.... which he was unaware were needed) so instead of taking the high road and repairing it it looks like he decided to gut the thing of most all the new stuff, solder in a set of new diodes and throw either the old parts or some other old parts back in the case and keep the expensive new stuff even if at its best it couldn't have delivered the kind of voltage he was claiming, at least the other stuff was fresh, and stood a chance of lasting as a stock rebuild.

Well, There you have it folks. Give the man a chance to come clean and there's what you get.

Footnote: My regular guy wouldnt let me pay him anything for about 15-20 minutes of fooling with this thing. He figured I'd already been hit enough on that thing. It's times like this you know who your friends are.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Another follow up for the DCP IP......i will have to look at my records for the actual mileage on the IP but it has begun to leak out of the advance plunger, so now i am on the hunt for a new IP. like i said i will have to look but i don't think this pump made it 25K miles.

CH302K

Reaction score
I had a problem with Carolina Clutch and Convertors.
My clutch was slipping and I got my tax refund so I stopped by a couple of parts stores on the way to work.They did not carry the conversion clutch I wanted to install.I went online and found the setup I wanted.I used their application guide and it said it was the right one.Being a seasoned citizen,I called to confirm the application.I talked to Ed and he said that if my vin no. was M it was correct.As I was hitting the "pay" key I recieved a phone call from Ed.He told me that it was the wrong clutch but for 100.00 more he had the right one.I was tired of messing with this and I needed a clutch.After paying a shop to install it,the release point was on the floor.I left bad feedback on Ebay.I was emailed by the company and I told him my story.He told me that it was the correct one and that's it.I had to build a longer push rod so I could drive my truck.So it ends up that I paid 100.00 to get the wrong clutch.Hell of a way to treat a senior citizen.
Buyer beware.

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://tuppersauto.com/ or tuppers automotive of james island SC

When i bought my truck i wanted to make sure all the fluids were at level before heading 900 miles home. I had these guys give the truck and oil change and told them about my trip and asked if they could check all the fluids in the truck. when i pulled in to pick up the truck they were spraying ether into it to start it, come to find out it was out of fuel in the tank they were on. As i was paying them the "mechanic" told me the engine was on its last leg thats why it died. Now that i am home i have found that the transmission was low and had the wrong kind of fluid and the rear diff had about a quart of burnt black fluid in it.

steer clear.

mjpike

Reaction score
Another bad experience with Parts Geek.
They sent me rear shocks instead of front shocks.
They did respond to my complaint after a week but their return policy, despite their mistake, makes me not want to risk having to pay return shipping and hope they will return my money.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confederate Diesel

Here we go...

Hey guys...

Just wanted to drop a few things here about CFD and their way of doing things... do yourself a favor and stay away! I feel that the word needs to be out on them if its not already.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...d.php?t=159266

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40356

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ssion/539385-confederate-diesel-products.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ing-spe-hack-job-carmichael-pa-round-2-a.html

https://www.facebook.com/confederatedeezulfail

There are countless other forum topics on them as well.

-Chris

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Another for diesel care and performance.

Bought a ICP sensor on Nov 6th. Took forever to get here.
Finally put it on Sunday December 16th. Ran good for a bit, until yesterday Friday December 20th.
Truck had idle problems in the morning, died a few times, then didn't want to start in the evening.

Now the sensor is puking oil everywhere.

Filling a claim.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with Carolina Clutch and Convertors.
My clutch was slipping and I got my tax refund so I stopped by a couple of parts stores on the way to work.They did not carry the conversion clutch I wanted to install.I went online and found the setup I wanted.I used their application guide and it said it was the right one.Being a seasoned citizen,I called to confirm the application.I talked to Ed and he said that if my vin no. was M it was correct.As I was hitting the "pay" key I recieved a phone call from Ed.He told me that it was the wrong clutch but for 100.00 more he had the right one.I was tired of messing with this and I needed a clutch.After paying a shop to install it,the release point was on the floor.I left bad feedback on Ebay.I was emailed by the company and I told him my story.He told me that it was the correct one and that's it.I had to build a longer push rod so I could drive my truck.So it ends up that I paid 100.00 to get the wrong clutch.Hell of a way to treat a senior citizen.
Buyer beware.

I bought a Luk clutch from Carolina last Spring. Price was fair, shipping was fast, and it actually fit.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another for diesel care and performance.

Bought a ICP sensor on Nov 6th. Took forever to get here.
Finally put it on Sunday December 16th. Ran good for a bit, until yesterday Friday December 20th.
Truck had idle problems in the morning, died a few times, then didn't want to start in the evening.

Now the sensor is puking oil everywhere.

Filling a claim.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

DIESELCARE SUCKS!
bought 8 injectors for my PSD got a bad injector and so were 2 of the replacements. 3rd time I used one of my old injectors.
WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN
and I got screwed on the core charge