Temperature

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones operating temp. was. I put in a new thermostat and a mechanical gauge and runs up to 205 while driving down hiway. I was just curious if this what it is suppose to run at or not. :popcorn

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
should be at 192 that is what the termostat is. make sure to only use ford or IH thermostat though. ones from parts stores are not right despite what they tell you.

205 sounds pretty normal the gauge may not be exact.

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the gauge is a cheapy I am hoping to get a better one soon.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
205 id think thats ok but im shure some ones going to say different but my 6.9 when i had my radiator redone and i did a water pump and t-stat my truck ran 190 all the time even in winter and summer and i live in arizona and ive had to take a couple of trips to phoenix in the dead of summer and it was like 110 there still 190 but towing that was a different story i was around 210 215 in the dead heat of the summer and i was comfortable with that

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too long ago I ran it up north of here to Silverton, Co with a light load in the back and the road going up there is pretty steep, there is 2 passes to go over, summits around 10,000 feet. Anyways it got up to 210 but never went over that and pulled a lot better than I thought it would.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
There is only one thermostat you can use from the parts store i lost the parts number to it, but other than that only use ford or I-H stats, my truck runs 185 ish cruising and 192 ish pulling the mountain and 198 ish if i hot rod it pulling the mountain, and i have no idea what thermostat is in there cause its whatever was in there when i bought it

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to buy me a good mech. gauge and see what it shows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online