Temperature sensor.........

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I was talking to the local diesel guys and one mentioned a sensor located on the passenger side, front, top of the block that senses the engine temp for startup. It has two wires running to it. Does anybody know the part number or where to find one of these sensors? I am getting ready for winter and this is one of the only things on the starting/glowplug system that I haven't replaced.Thanks!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a replacement from the Ford dealer when one of the plugs broke on mine. I don't have the part number handy; if you still need it when I get home, I'll see about finding the receipt. I think I paid $40 or so?

The guy tried to tell me that it's also used to help the glow plug system sense coolant temp (he found it in the "Glow Plug" section in his computer), but methinks that's :bs ...

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Temp. Sensor!

The one on the top of the intake with the two terminals is the temp. sensor to control the GP's.... Got mine at the local binder dealer for around $45! I think I have the part no. in the truck. I'll look in the morning. It's raining cats and dogs here right now and the Dog is sitting next door in the Fire Dept. parking lot - DEAD IN THE WATER. No power anywhere! Batteries are good! Must be a loose connecton somewhere's. Battery terms. are all tight. Was fine when I drove it there about 5 hrs. ago. Had to etch the floor of the FD tonite with acid. Were gonna epoxy coat the floor on Sun. Come out to go home and NOTHIN'.... Ceptin' I got my **** good and wet tryin' to get her goin'! Oh Well! Chat at ya Later! Hoss.... cookoo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, the part number for the sensor is Ford p/n E8TZ-9E939-A. They call it a switch assembly according to my receipt, and I paid $38.24 for it from Mission Valley Ford in June.

Hope that helps :)

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Okay, the part number for the sensor is Ford p/n E8TZ-9E939-A. They call it a switch assembly according to my receipt, and I paid $38.24 for it from Mission Valley Ford in June.

Hope that helps :)

Yep ........I'll check with the stealership........thanks fellas!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online