TDI first tank report

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Otay goober, what exactly did ya get & how comfortable for ya & 44M is it :confused: :confused:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bigolddeerhunter said:
First tank 35mpg in town driving. Not too bad for a new engine and metro driving. :thumbsup:

;Really

I'm wondering if your in the right forum. The record for IDI MPG is generally around 25 tops. To get 35, you'd need a continuous tailwind and a sail.

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding cetane will give you another 4 mpg.......

bigolddeerhunter said:
First tank 35mpg in town driving. Not too bad for a new engine and metro driving. :thumbsup:

Try adding cetane booster. ;Sweet

I geeked my cetane up on the way to TS Friday [just dumped what was left in the tank]. I climbed Monteagle at 2100 rpms and the idiot display said 31. It zero out on the descent [over 199 mpg LOL]. Over all the idiot display said 42 on the way up with the cruise set at 9-11 over.

On the way back that tank was all but gone by the time I reached Nashville along with the cetane. I filled it 1/2 way up due to the price and got 35.5 on the way home running between 80-107.

I topped the tank off this AM then ran a known 125 mile trip and got 36 so the moral is cetane raised mpg by 4-6 because I had been getting 36-37 on the big road lately and Friday was the first time in a long time I added cetane.

I bought a bottle on the way home this AM and I'm going to see exactly how much cetane it takes to get 41 vs 36.

My car normally smokes a little at WOT but it didn't Saturday as a result of the cetane acting as a catalyst with the #2. I noticed it was smoking last night after I added fuel in Nashville so I know more of the fuel is burned
getting by exhaust in the mirror and the idiot mpg gauge.

bigolddeerhunter

Reaction score
I think it is rated at 100hp. The auto tranny has 5 gears....it also has a feature that lets you upshift and downshift it you push the T bar over to the right in a knock out slot on the lever guide. I guess that would be handy in mountain driving....but I live in the coastal area where it is flat as Rampy's man ****.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online