Taurus overhead interior lights

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I remember reading that someone used a Taurus overhead light console in their truck for better interior lights. I'm heading to pick and pull and thought I might look for one. I did a search and looked at the Tech articles, but didn't find anything on this mod. I was wondering what years are best and if there is any modification to the headliner needed?

Thanks for any help,

Archie

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i installed a rearveiw mirror out of a chevy into mine. has the 2 lights in the bottom of it. helps alot. mine came out of a 2000 trans am. but i have one from a 96 s10 that was the same.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the thread where someone used a Taurus overhead light console to replace the stock overhead lights?

Thanks,

Archie

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
i installed a rearveiw mirror out of a chevy into mine. has the 2 lights in the bottom of it. helps alot. mine came out of a 2000 trans am. but i have one from a 96 s10 that was the same.

I did it too.....for some reason it didn't cast much light though...

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Taurus interior light when I could not find a replacement cover for the original light.

You will need to cut a little bit of the headliner so that it is not touching or too close to the left and right side lights.

Pic #1 - If I remember correctly, the post that is circled had to be cut off. (It was 9 years ago).

Pic #2 - I added some metal foil reflective tape (duct tape) to increase the light and hopefully reduce the heat into the plastic.

Pic #3 - clear cover reinstalled with reflective tape.

Pic #4 - painted and installed.

You must be registered for see images

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Oh...it's on of those lights. i thought it was something special but those lights also came in other trucks. My buddy's 96 F250 has that light.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7