TANK VAC?

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so as any of u may know here in md we are getting pounded with snow, and my sister works at a local hospital so i took her in this moring at 6am with about 20 inces of snow, the roads werent even plowed i got her their and on my way home i filled my truck with the good stuff....

i left it running and opened the fuel cap and i hear it suck air in as though it was on a vacume from running..

i have never experienced this, is it normal? it seems like this could cause fuel issues and starve the ij pump.

any ideas?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not normal. There are short rubber vent lines running from the top of the tank. On mine, the front tank vent line runs out to the driver's side frame rail and is clipped on the frame. The rear tank vent line is clipped on one of the frame crossmembers, in the same neighborhood as the rearend vent line. On the end of the vent lines the factory pushed in a little plastic piece, I guess to discourage dirt daubers and other misc things from clogging the line, but the line gets old and cracks, and this little piece usually falls off. I bet your line is clogged with ice and snow.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, thanks. ill check it out.

how much so u get down their were getting just over 30inches now

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, thanks. ill check it out.

how much so u get down their were getting just over 30inches now

Right now we have around 12+ inches, which sounds better than 30 but I just got back from opening up my driveway for the 3rd time, and this snow is going to be a serious problem. Most of the night we had sleet also, and it's very heavy and slick. It's going to be hard to clear this stuff away. I am crossing my fingers and hope I don't get seriously stuck.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i had quite a fun drive no streets are plowed other than the emergency routes.
i hope we dont get a mix but i cant really do anything about it

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snows fun up my way i put it in 4 low and ran over a couple 5 ft banks today well plowed through more or less
20 inches or so
good luck with the snow and for the fuel tank issue
look into doing the harpoon mod

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah were well over 30 now but it finally stoped but i hear they may not have the back roads plowed untill mid week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin