Tank selector unit

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gauge switching gets done in the switch. Valve is only fuel selection.
You probably have a bad sender. Some have gotten them to work by running a heavy shot of fuel cleaner, or biodiesel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fud

sorry bud' yer dead wrong on these, some vehicles yes, not these.

Last edited:

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
https://www.oilburners.net/threads/fsv-tear-down.50770/

The gentleman who wrote this is gone now, but it's a great bit of tech!

Too bad he didn't tear into it further, I'd like see what he would have used to replaced internal o-rings. I'm going to try to replace the ********* square cut o-rings in my FSV just like the one in his thread. Well actually, his has big metal clips holding on the white bar piece instead of tiny c-clips like mine has. I guess his FSV was a bit older, mine got cost cutting done.

If you are very careful when you take it apart, it's possible to reassemble it. I figure it's worth a few dollars in o-rings to try, since new aftermarkets appear to have a high failure rate.

Disregarding the reviews on new ones where people say they "don't fit", either because they bought the wrong one, or they don't like that you have to change the pigtail on Fords to fit them, the main complaint is they just stop working or they start sending fuel the wrong tank. I'm guessing the motors are crap on them, or something internally on them is crap and breaks.

My genuine Ford/Pollak one has the ports are set up differently than aftermarket ones. Mine's upper ports are front and the lower are rear. It's the opposite on the new ones. Maybe it's one of those "avoid patent infringement" things.

You must be registered for see images attach

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cubey
If you do go into one that deep, take pics and submit them to the tech threads and notify a mod.... PLEASE.

For you guy's diving in that deep to require replacement o rings that are nla,,,, here is a tip I gleaned from my days at h2o treatment..may even work today(big grin).
Some of the low pressure sliding valve units would wear the galley where the oring set,
2 thing's the old guys would do as a stopgap was..
1 line the galley with teflon tape to expand the oring.
2 bed the oring in rtv (I use hylomar) to seal it up.
(disclaimer time on this one)
This may gum up the works if not cured before assembling.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
cubey
If you do go into one that deep, take pics and submit them to the tech threads and notify a mod.... PLEASE.

For you guy's diving in that deep to require replacement o rings that are nla,,,, here is a tip I gleaned from my days at h2o treatment..may even work today(big grin).
Some of the low pressure sliding valve units would wear the galley where the oring set,
2 thing's the old guys would do as a stopgap was..
1 line the galley with teflon tape to expand the oring.
2 bed the oring in rtv (I use hylomar) to seal it up.
(disclaimer time on this one)
This may gum up the works if not cured before assembling.

I haven't had luck finding o rings so far, but this city is small and its stores have poor inventory.

I used a couple plastic wire tap/splicers and a jumper wire on the pigtail to enable my rear tank fuel gauge while the valve is removed. That way, I can keep on hunting for o-rings and still have a working fuel gauge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance