Talk With Banks

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is some truth in all of us being cheap....and Banks happens to be the MOST expensive of the big 3 new kits. Wonder what the real story is on the replacement parts. I'd think support for 5-10 years sounds more right. After all they wouldn't want to sour us(some of us might buy a PSD someday) on Banks...and not buy their goodies for the 6L or 6.4. Gale Banks will do whatever is best for his bottom line and that's exactly what he should do...but when a company gets so big and has a lot of paens it becomes hard to get a straight answer. People will just pass the buck, tell you what you want to hear, or make something up. My 2 bits

sign_man

Reaction score
How many of us actually buy new turbo kits? We have IDI's because we are cheap ********, and are buying used kits off eBay because we are cheap ********.

I refuse to borrow money. My IDI came along as a fixer upper for $2800. After many hours of labor and parts for both the truck and the lift I have about $13,000 invested, $400 to $800 at a time. An identical lift like the one I have on my truck retails for $18,000. Cheap? No, I spend what it takes to have a reliable and safe piece of equipment. Frugal? Hell yes! During the slow months I don't have to worry about how I'm going to make the payment cause the title is in the safe!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I see some of you aren't getting the messgae I got yesterday from the source. J. Barker stated that after this date Dec. 31 or Jan. 2nd which ever date feels right with you you will not be able to buy anything for the 6.9 or 7.3 motors or the 6.2 or 6.5 motors from chevy. What they will do is warranty for 5 years from the date of purchase whatever you buy now or in the last 5 years. All their stock will be returned to the manufacture so he says. Even the foundry will be getting back the castings. You just can't buy anything for our motors again. Yes, this sounds like it will cost them plenty for the salvage of good parts. But really what metal parts ever go bad. I have 2 metal mounting brackets that have cracked so I'm buying those as spares. I don't know if the cone type air filters that K&N makes are available anyplace but Banks so I'm buying several. I feel I should also buy the cast iron exhaust manifold that the turbo mounts to just in case something happens down the line. I know we have other turbos available but I like the Banks system. That does not mean that at some point in the future I wont change. I always try to saty with what works regardless of who or what it is. Brand means nothing to me. If chevy had a better motor I would have one. I will be contacting J. Barker about any possible final sales. Maybe they will have a going out of production sale. I could only wish. I'm really interested in how much stock they will be giving up and exactually where it will be going. An auction sounds really nice too but probably not.:confused: