Taking the truck to the drag strip tomorrow.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow the SAE group at my school is having drag night and for 20 bucks we can run as many times as we want all night. Im going to be taking my truck up and see how she does. I just pulled about 200lbs of sand bags from the bed. Im going to try and have my friend take some video of it, there should be some super quick cars there.

What kinda times should i be expecting?

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Oh dang that would be a good time! ;Sweet

I would be happy with 19's for sure, but I wouldn't count on anything lower than that. Be sure to report back with all your times, take pics and have fun! :D

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would think high 18s or low 19s.
My reg cab 86 4x4 4spd 3:55s 35" tires and N/A ran a 19.8 so yours should do better being it is lighter, smaller tires and auto

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
My best time was 19.5766

Ill be interested to see how you do though being that your truck is 2WD like mine.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the truck ran last night, and ran a best of 19.40 at 68 mph. I have some videos of it running. Nothing broke and the truck drover herself home. It was a bunch of fun, but the C6 was really cramping my style with its inaudibility to do burnouts.

Ill upload them and re-post.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the truck ran last night, and ran a best of 19.40 at 68 mph. I have some videos of it running. Nothing broke and the truck drover herself home. It was a bunch of fun, but the C6 was really cramping my style with its inaudibility to do burnouts.

Ill upload them and re-post.

Cool!;Sweet That had to be a fun time. We just did one run at the Rally for fear of breaking something hundreds of miles from home. Burnouts? I didn't even try. With the 37's and the fact that I have an IDI, I didn't have any trouble with traction.:D

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
LOL I think that gives the IDI the holshot advantage, we cab always grab traction off the line.

Good run! Were you driving through the water? A lot of guys will go around that.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I was driving through the water only because they had so much there that i couldn't go around it. Every other car there had no issue spinning the tires and getting heated up.

My last run of the night I took the inside lane so we could get better video.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i had to wait and see the car again, the car is a Plymouth Sundance. Its old and slow but its about as fast as my truck.

Last edited: