Tach question

LoganS

Reaction score
So my tach doesn’t work at idle, works under load though. It’s giving me some shifting issues especially until the truck is completely warmed up or on small one lane roads. After reading on here I took the sensor off and cleaned it and the plug. It’s quicker to respond now but still doesn’t work at idle. Where the wires attach to the sensor it looks like they are starting to wear some. So should I just order a new sensor or is there another thing to check or try?

LoganS

Reaction score
A picture is probably worth 10,000 of my words
You must be registered for see images attach

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Logan I just went through this exact issue about 3 weeks ago. Mine was intermittent at idle but seemed fine at speed.

Well it seemed that way on the tach but in reality was causing issues with the trans computer. It was bad enough my torque converter would lock and unlock under steady cruise going down the road.

I replaced it with a new Motorcraft sensor and my strange transmission behavior is gone.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was having tach issues a few months ago I pulled the tach sensor cleaned it off good and used some liquid electrical tape on the base where the wires go into the sensor and cleaned the plug and it works great

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online