Swapping the vp44 Injection Pump video

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Found this video on youtube

VP44 Install Video number 1

It's a 6 part video series and all 6 are listed. It's actually parts 1,2,3,4,5a and 5b.

I'm doing a swap with a buddy on his truck on Monday evening so we will see how true the video is but from watching the video it should be right on.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It was pretty much right on...

Took us about 4.5 hours and that was with running out to pick up a CPS since it was right there and so easy to get to with the pump off.

It wasn't a bad job at all - the only thing they did not show was how to the crankcase breather came off - it screws on and off - he mentioned in the video of having an oil filter wrench handy and it does work great he just didn't explain it.

Whit

Reaction score
hardest part is to not get all tangled up with yer fuel lines...............the first time I did this job I thought I was gonna hafta call the owner and tell him I messed up the injector lines. I removed em one at a time.........spagetti I say and its a good thing there are only 6 of em

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I took them off in 2 sections/groups. I took the brackets off by removing the intake bolts that they used to hold them down. That way I wouldn't have to remember where they went (each injector line) - that way it's fool proof err should I say Travie proof on reassembly.

I just loved the way the 6th injector is slammed all the way back by the firewall - that was a real joy to reach...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance