SUV to convert?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent a fair amount of time on the 4btswap site.

IMHFO.

Dakota/Durango are common 4bt/4bd1t swap recipients

Carcrafter22 (Randy?) did a 4bd1t AND a Nissan 4 popper into his wifes 98 Grand Cherokee...

Ranger/XXXPlodinger are common recipients as well

FJ60/80 are also common recipients.

Could buy you a nice diesel Centurion, needs an E40D.. A metric **** ton of work has been poured into this thing for $5k in Fort Meyers FL right now, Banks turbo, Moose pump.... rebuilt t-case, axles blah blah blah... He finally saw the light, and walked away from an IDI into a new CRD Dudge. With a trans... its worth easy double what he wants.. ya get three sets of wheels, on and on...

Here is the craigs ad, late for an engagement, so not gonna port over the whole thing...

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/2522111384.html

You must be registered for see images attach

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Spent a fair amount of time on the 4btswap site.

IMHFO.

Dakota/Durango are common 4bt/4bd1t swap recipients

Carcrafter22 (Randy?) did a 4bd1t AND a Nissan 4 popper into his wifes 98 Grand Cherokee...

Ranger/XXXPlodinger are common recipients as well

FJ60/80 are also common recipients.

Could buy you a nice diesel Centurion, needs an E40D.. A metric **** ton of work has been poured into this thing for $5k in Fort Meyers FL right now, Banks turbo, Moose pump.... rebuilt t-case, axles blah blah blah... He finally saw the light, and walked away from an IDI into a new CRD Dudge. With a trans... its worth easy double what he wants.. ya get three sets of wheels, on and on...

Here is the craigs ad, late for an engagement, so not gonna port over the whole thing...

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/2522111384.html

You must be registered for see images attach

Honda ridgeline?

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you asking if what I linked was a honda ridgeline?

Umm.. NO.

In the 90's it was the only full size ******* one ton SUV available off a dealers showroom. That lil' guy (140" wb...) sold new for 50-55k in 1993.

A PSD with Leather 2 years later flirted with 60... and mine with ZERO options... in 1989 (460/E40D) was 40k flat.

tknomaj

Reaction score
To change engines in CA must be the same year or newer and the same weight class or lighter to get certified

Yes that was the rule but the rules have changed and engine SWAPS are now against the law!!! Engine replacement is legal within the given model and year. IE 1995 bronco 4.9, 5.0,5.8 is all that is legal with all proper emissions equipment for year and model for the engine. NO UP OR DOWN in years.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
how about an explorer, you at least used to be able to buy grey market diesel engines new for them and rangers, they put them in stock overseas.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that was the rule but the rules have changed and engine SWAPS are now against the law!!! Engine replacement is legal within the given model and year. IE 1995 bronco 4.9, 5.0,5.8 is all that is legal with all proper emissions equipment for year and model for the engine. NO UP OR DOWN in years.

Another reason why I have NO desire to go to Cali. But I'm sure given time Big Brother will push this in every state

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a VW diesel engine and make a adapter plate to the toyota trans and shove it in a 4runner I have seen on websites of it done 35 mpgs 4x4 with stock tires also a stick shift would be more mpg maybe??

rthomas

Reaction score
I like the idea of a Isuzu 3.9 in a Tahoe or maybe a Jeep cherokee or grand cherokee, I like the NPR over the cummins for this because its very quiet and easily adaptable to GM trannys.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Jeep put a diesel on the liberty in 05 and 06, they are nice and quiet good mpg and plenty of power 4wd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online