Super duty parking brake adapter

7.3shrk

Okay, Ihave run into a little problem with my splitter. I am looking at either hanhing it off of the back of my transfer case, or getting a divorce mount transfer case, and mounting this thing to my transmission. I like the idea of mounting it to the case, since that would be the least amount of trouble with linkages, shafts, and all the other stuff to go along with it.

I was told that on the super duties that had 4 wheel disc brakes and were four wheel drive (ambulances, tow trucks...) the parking brake was mounted to the rear of the transfer case. My question is, has anyone heard of this? I went to one of the local Fords, and they did not even list the 1356 diagrams, or information. GREAT!

Where can I get information on this, and is this adapter real?

Thanks,

Nick

RedTruck

Reaction score
Clicky

This is what you're talking about, but I don't know if this is for a 4 wheel drive or not?

I think we're doing the same thing...are you mounting a 5831 behind your tranny?

suv7734

Reaction score
The man that can probably give you the info off the top of his head is "towcat". Wait a bit and I'm sure he'll 'drop by'.

7.3shrk

The only problem is that I am on the west coast, and the thing is in Minneapolis!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is cheap cheap cheap for that unit.

I am W coast too...and know of one that may be for sale....not that cheap though I can ask if you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger