super clean 86 F250 SC LB 58k miles-california

Hardy41

Reaction score
I know that you are asking for best offers but how much are you asking for the truck?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is my buddys truck, we were B.S.n about these IDI's and he said to throw it out there.
we both went rounds on whats it worth.
he has over 10k invested. he does not beat it.
we both agreed to leave the numbers we discussed inbetween us.
i told him if i got an offer, i would bring it to him.
so thats the deal.
the truck is a super awesome truck. but the reality is, its still an 86 ford.
obvious that he wants as much as he can for it. but noones beating his door down for it either.
this is the only place its advertised.
so, if you are going to ask what we want for it, im going to say 10 grand
whats your counter offer? lol
worst he can say is no....
and please dont insult this beast with a 1600 dollar offer like other people have *coughwaystrocough*

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he is better off keeping it. Putting any serious money into a RC is just a huge loss, and I can say that as I did it as well.

Considering its N/A, C6, Dana44HD (slow internet so I can't see if its a Dana 60), I would guess $3000 if the right buyer comes around.

I dont see how $10K was invested either?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that 10k number, altho generous, would be the price he paid 30 ish years ago, and then a paint job.

he owns a body and paint shop. he deals with high end hotrods, customs, and bikes.
10k sounds like alot of money, but in reality, its a drop in the bucket when it comes to doing a vehicle right.

he has some really really nice rides. the kind i only want to look at from 5 feet away.

i mainly posted this for your viewing pleasure. but for the right buyer and the right coin, it could be yours!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk to anyone who has rebuilt a truck and they will tell you $10k is in fact a drop in the bucket.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Talk to anyone who has rebuilt a truck and they will tell you $10k is in fact a drop in the bucket.

I'm not doubting that, I just thought he meant he had 10K invested, and from what I saw it didn't look like it. But like he said, it sounds like what he has into the truck for the past 30 some odd years, which seems perfectly reasonable.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats sad is that when youre gung-ho on a project, 10k does not get what you what you want.... it barley gets you what you NEED!!!
i would not hesitate to state that he most likely has 3 grand + in supplies for the paint job...

gsfloor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 86 new and I've it after ten years rotted out and parked it in my field. After two new duramaxes and a 6.0 ford I decided to redo the truck. Did a body off spent 15000 on it and is sstill drive it everyday. Two years ago put it up for sale wanted a crew cab and couldn't get six grand for it on the east coast. So its hard to say what its worth it all depends what someone is willing to pay for it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that 10k number, altho generous, would be the price he paid 30 ish years ago, and then a paint job.

he owns a body and paint shop. he deals with high end hotrods, customs, and bikes.
10k sounds like alot of money, but in reality, its a drop in the bucket when it comes to doing a vehicle right.

he has some really really nice rides. the kind i only want to look at from 5 feet away.

i mainly posted this for your viewing pleasure. but for the right buyer and the right coin, it could be yours!
since you're opening yourself up for critique, I'm going to give it to ya.
I don't care how much was spent on the paint job, it's the whole package that sells.
a red exterior and tan interior doesn't cut it. period.
painting out chromework is something a teenager does.
if he wanted oooohhhhs and ahhhs......he should have chosen better color combinations or went with a interior color change to make the package look more professional. there's plenty of earth toned metalics and micas on the market that really give pop to our older trucks.
here's an example. and for the curious, it's not for sale either.

Attachments

• SL377848.JPG
    SL377848.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 22
  • SL377079.JPG
    SL377079.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 22

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have been wanting to repaint with the Kodiak Brown ford came out with for the newer trucks. I think it would go well with the older body styles.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ok enough mukking up this thread from me LOL

coltf45

Reaction score
I am interested in the truck, but I have a few questions. Can you pm or email me regarding this truck?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online