You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I start looking for my next truck, I'm coming to see you and towcat.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I really dislike you West Coasters with NO F-ING Rust!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite body style also.........

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
In my Rust Belt eyes.... I see:

No Rust
Correct Bed and Tailgate (For me personally that is a BIG thing, as I am a Slantnose fan and don't care for the Brick/OBS bed on a Slant, but that is just me)
Clean interior in really good condition. The drivers side of the seat is in AMAZING shape!!!
Looks like everything is there.

Personally I wouldn't bat an eye at $3000 - $4000 for this particular truck due to shape and completeness.... Depending on how it runs and any work the drivetrain may need. That would be a big thing for me.

As a comparison. I have personally looked at this truck and have even though about buying it.

http://www.stanfieldautosales.com/1992_Ford_F250_Greenfield_IN_243705586.veh

I understand it is not a direct comparison. But take a look at all the pics. It is in pretty good shape for a 23 year old truck, and it was a local own/trade in Greenfield, Indiana, so it has spent ALL its life here. The transmission work does give it a plus in my book because Grants is an EXCELLENT shop, I actually had the Auto in my Durango rebuilt there, and had the NV4500 shift tower in the Nanny Goat fixed when it decided to get stuck in 5th towing my Travel Trailer. Now it does have some rust in the expected areas, but again its not that bad for here. One thing I do know, and remember I have looked at buying this truck for Me and "The Boss" (she would probably drive it more than me), so I have spent some time looking and listening, and crawling on, under and in it. It is right at 200,*** miles. The pump and injectors are GRAY!! It will need a pump and injectors in the near future. It starts ok, and runs pretty good, after a minute or two. I was up there and started it on a 15 degree day, and it did not hit on all 8 for several seconds, and you could hear the injectors come and go and one even has a bit of a fuel knock, until there is some heat in the heads..... They are FIRM on the 3200 they are asking now........ so see what your think......

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
to date....I have done much better selling 1st gen dodge diesels to rustbelters than I have with IDI's . :(

Mary and I had been talking about the Slantnose you had in Texas not long before you sold it to.......... the member here....... in Texas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online