Suggestions for Running WMO in my 95 12V

Discussion in '5.9L 12 valve Cummins' started by kevstar1212, Aug 25, 2015.

1. kevstar1212

kevstar1212 Registered User

Hey guys new to the site here. Im getting into running WMO in my 12V, i ran about 1K miles on it so far with around a 50/50 mix of oil and Diesel. I just ran all of that through some filters and then blended it with the diesel and poured it into my truck. Seemed to run good but i got a pretty heavy haze at idle. It didnt help that i had to start the truck up and move it around the house and yard a couple times and it didnt get to warm up yesterday either.

So now i have a centrifuge setup and have processed my first batch of fuel for the truck, In anticipation of running the new home brew i changed my fuel filters and drained the tank of the old fuel and poured 10 gal of fresh diesel in the truck and drove it to town and back, smoking has seemed to clear up. Anyway im looking to know what ratios you guys run in your trucks?

Currently i have about 45 gal of oil that had some diessel mixed in it( dumped oil into a old home heating fuel tank; Tank was maybe 1/5 full before i filled it with oil) and 5 gal of RUG. This has been what i have heard some other guys run, just looking for more suggestions. I wouldnt mind a little haze from the truck, but i would prefer to not pull up to a stop and watch a cloud pass by my truck.

Also not sure if it matters or not but my truck has the fuel plate pulled and 150 horse injectors and 4K springs.

Also i would love to hear any input about anything related to running WMO, wanna hear all expierance i can from you guys.

2. kevstar1212

kevstar1212 Registered User

Also forgot to mention that i have a fass fuel platinum with a 5 micron fuel water serpartor filter on it. and a pre filter before it.

3. turbodiesel

turbodiesel Registered User

I typically run straight WVO. However I centrifuged one batch of WMO, had to cut it 25% with diesel for my centrifuge & centrifuge pump to be able to handle it. I did notice a little more smoke at idle, but it ran just fine with this 75/25 mix of WMO and diesel. I purged all the WVO out prior to trying the one batch of WMO. I have read that the two should never be mixed as it causes clotting of the whole system. Don't know if that is true or not, but I saw no reason to push the envelope to learn the hard way.

4. u2slow

u2slow Plan B

I run up to ~25% wmo with my diesel. I can tell the difference in smell, there's a slight haze, slightly higher EGTs, and its a touch more sluggish to start.

I'm not setup with a centrifuge... and re-filtering is proving tedious. Lately I've been collecting my wmo into clean containers and I let the racor-style filter on the truck do the work.