Stock ATS air box?

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry again cents for another rookie question... But I've seen so many mixed reviews on the stock ATS air box. I'm thinking about putting a cowl setup on but would it be worth my time to fab up a new air box for the filter? I've heard the stock filter tends to not filter very well. Input appreciated!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always sold the stock cast housing to pay for a better filter setup but replacing the K&N filter with a good paper filter should eliminate poor filtration issues

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm just trying to get past all the crap people all over the internet have posted on this subject lol.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole stock setup has poor airflow design! Fab up a setup so you can have fresh air coming from the grill into a filter chamber then to turbo with as little restriction as possible. There are many post about this

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe so but someone may correct me, I've never seen one without an oiled flat filter

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya me neither. If I can just stock with the stock air box and use a filter that's not gonna be restrictive or let crap into my motor then I'll go that route with a cowl on the intercooler!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron