Stock alarm system wakes up the neighborhood...again!

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting real tired of getting out of bed between 2 and 4am to turn off the Benz alarm system. The neighbors don't like it either. Kelvin's pro MBZ mechanic had me change the hood switch. It seemed to help for about a month. Now I'm back to:frustrate

I'm about to disconnect the entire system under the passenger side footrest.
Does anyone know what else won't work if I do this?

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked under the passenger footrest where the alarm system box was supposed to be and it wasn't there. I guess the 87 is different from the 5 cylinder models. Hate to bother Mr. Terry again.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, did they change things!

My old 123 had a factory alarm, but it was a metal box tucked up under the dash on the driver's side, near the cruise control amp. It was disconnected when I got the car; I decided to connect it and see what would happen. It worked fine for about 2 years, then the switch in the driver's doorlock failed...with the system armed. I ended up opening the door, and with the alarm blaring, pulled the under-dash panel and disconnected it.

Of course, this was in a public parking lot... :rolleyes:

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they did seem to change things. But there were a lot of differences in the '87 from the earlier 123s. It's a very different car. I have a friend who won't buy a MBZ diesel unless it's an '87. He has several models. I have never owned a 123 with the 5 cylinder, but have driven several. I sure am glad to be rid of that alarm system problem. No alarm system is worth being awakened at night all the time.