still no start

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
SO i went to try an get my truck started again today and no dice, I got her to fire off just for a few seconds and then she died again and now she wont start anymore she wont even attempt to start now.

Im getting pressure at the schrader valve on the filter head but no fuel through the Glow plug holes when i pull em out and spin it over. Im thinking the lift pump is bad i dont want to condem the IP till i check everything else ou first.

Im just looking for ideas on what else i should check thanks

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
Put a gauge on the filter head @ the air bleed and see what you have for lift pump pressure. Sounds like air in the fuel system needs to be ruled out first. It's a long journey to isolate the real problem.

Jake S.

clueless...
Reaction score
usually a start than die situation is air intrusion. It takes awhile of cranking to fill the ip up again. Next time before you try to start spin the fuel filter off. Fuel should leak out when you unseats the seal.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
ive already checked that but ill try again, cause when i finished the rebuild i pulled the GPS out and cranked it over till i saw fuel mist from the GP holes, so i tried that today and got mist so i put the GPS back in a it wanted to fire, so i kept trying and it popped of for a few seconds and i got the RPMs up to keep her running and then all of a sudden she just cut out and died.

So i pulled the GPs again and tried again but now im not getting any mist from the holes....

I had to stop trying cause the Batts started to die and it started to slow down.