Starts then dies

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New lift pump this week b/c the elec quit after she ran out of fuel when I started her for the first time she showed 6 psi haven't tested since, now she'll start but dies after 1-5 minutes, also had IP & injectors 6 months ago, new "O" rings but reused the caps since they were only a year old, any ideas?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it runs for 4 minutes and dies, the air bubble is probably occuring before the filter head. Try unscrewing your filter when you go to start it first thing. If fuel doesn't spill out when you loosen it, then your air is in the filter, and the air intrusion is probably topside. If your filter is full, and it dies after it burns that up, then your air is in the lines down below.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel what if I press the schrader valve in when its running would that do the same as unscrewing the filter? & I wonder if the air leak will be where the elec pump used to be will check on my next day off.

thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. All it would do is let air in for sure.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel maybe I'm missing something here then but if its running & supplying more fuel than it needs so that the excess goes back through the return line system then depressing the schrader valve should pass the excess fuel shouldn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online