starter??

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
I just replaced my main power line from the battery to the starter the po put what I would call 8 gage wire about 1/2 thick in after he broke the conecter on the factory wire.
I replaced the connector and reinstalled the wire now all my starter does is click like it is kicking out but cant spin. It has been rolling over real slow for a while but I replaced the batterys with groupe 31 and it still roled over slow so then I replaced the cable today and now it clicks tryed jumping the solinoid on the fender and the starter it syill just clicks so my thinking is the starter finaly gave up.

anyone think of somthing I can check in the morning?:confused:

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
When you replaced the connector, did you strip the cable back and get some good, clean copper strands? How did you attach the connector? Methinks it may be as simple as a bad connection. I wouldn't be surprised if the starter happened to give up at the same time, but let's start small.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
The connection from the relay to the starter was terrible on my starter. Took the starter off, cleaned it all up and she cranks like a champ.