Starter woas

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
So I set up the batteries yesterday in front of the pickem up. Tried the key and the selonoid on the fender clicked. Thinking "Hmmm...that is a ton of juice to turn that bad boy over to run through that 12g wire", I realized I did not have the large cable hooked up. I pressed it to the + terminal and it cranked....then it popped (I think from a bad connection) and now it is acting like it is not getting power from the large cable. Is there a fuse link on the starter its self?

Also, I have an 85 model 6.9 going in the 83 Bronco. Where am I supposed to get power for that large cable? There is no way for it to reach the battery or the starter selonoid.

It goes through the loom that is bolted to the side of the block on the passenger side (under the vacuum pump) if someone could look. I have searched and looked at every picture that had an associated thread and can not find where it is supposed to bolt to.

Also, is the drivers side batt. tray the same as the passenger side? Do these have different inner fenders and coolant jugs than the 150 style rides? Pix would be great if someone can hook me up.

Thanks
SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance