starter question

A_G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So u know the old saying when it rains it pours?

The eyelet going to my.starter broke off leaving me in q drive thru with a dreaded click, I got someone to turn the key while I held the wire to the solenoid on the starter, got me going, so with that I gotta make some cables tmrw and try to.male it into work.

My question is, the stud on the solenoid is loose, the one on the starter, while I was looking at terminals I happened, across the solenoid being a seperate part instead of like the newer ones being one piece with the starter, so Wat is the likely hood of getting that old one off and is it just an in and out process ?

On a second off the wall question, Wat "clock" position is the stock alt set at?

I'm going with 2/0 or 4/0 on my cables depending on cost for those that are wondering

Anthony

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
So u know the old saying when it rains it pours?

The eyelet going to my.starter broke off leaving me in q drive thru with a dreaded click, I got someone to turn the key while I held the wire to the solenoid on the starter, got me going, so with that I gotta make some cables tmrw and try to.male it into work.

My question is, the stud on the solenoid is loose, the one on the starter, while I was looking at terminals I happened, across the solenoid being a seperate part instead of like the newer ones being one piece with the starter, so Wat is the likely hood of getting that old one off and is it just an in and out process ?

On a second off the wall question, Wat "clock" position is the stock alt set at?

I'm going with 2/0 or 4/0 on my cables depending on cost for those that are wondering

Anthony
If the stud on the starter is loose try to tighten it but dont over do it or you may break the soleniod it probablly has been arcing the plastic is hard and brittle now Im sure. I would go with 2/0 welding cable and crimp on the ends. just not sure if you have GP 31 batteries.
As for the altenator if you have an old one just put the new one next to the old one and if have to rotate it just becarefull not to disengage the brushes.

A_G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No gp 31 here maybe in a couple months , I'm going to get 2/0 Tue diff is like 60 dollar diff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.