Speedometer sensor: where is it?

dank1945

Hippo Hands man
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can someone tell me where to find the speedo sensor? I got a sensor from Advance Auto Parts that they said was the right one, but there's nothing like that in my tranny. My speedo needle is shaking a bit, and I was having "limp" mode problems, so I decided to start there.
I'm attaching a picture of the sensor I got from Advance.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Speedo sensor.jpg
    Speedo sensor.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 4

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That sensor is for the E4OD trans up to the 91 year truck. The 92 and up years had an electronic speedo witout a cable. The pictured sensor is for the cable type speedo... Take it back. That ****** sold you the wrong part.:eek:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
And the speed sensor is in the rearend. You may be able to pull it and see if the magnet has a build up of metal on it.

dank1945

Hippo Hands man
Reaction score
Hi,
That would explain... I also replaced the sensor in the pumpkin, and the speedo needle is steady now, and so far haven't got into limp mode again. I thought it was coincidence, and the problem would come back! This is good news indeed!
Thanks!!

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Hi,
That would explain... I also replaced the sensor in the pumpkin, and the speedo needle is steady now, and so far haven't got into limp mode again. I thought it was coincidence, and the problem would come back! This is good news indeed!
Thanks!!

The stock ECM (TCM?) gets confused pretty easily. That's why I like my Baumann unit. Glad you got it figured out. ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online