sorry if this has been beat to death

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
-Deadhorse ...my buddy has an '03 6.0 psd cc xlt, he asked me to start a thread on how to disable the seat belt chime. he just cruises real slow around the ranch a lot and this ding is driving him crazy -cuss again i searched the forum but came up empty handed |stupid

thanks in advance

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:
-Deadhorse ...my buddy has an '03 6.0 psd cc xlt, he asked me to start a thread on how to disable the seat belt chime. he just cruises real slow around the ranch a lot and this ding is driving him crazy -cuss again i searched the forum but came up empty handed |stupid

thanks in advance

Look in the manual. I've done it on no less than 5 trucks and have yet to memorize it.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
yeah, you need the manual, it's a series of sequences of pushing seat belt button, lights and horn or something like that. even turning the key, if I remem correctly, but thats rare since I suffer from CRAFT...the latter stages of CRS...:(

camoman

Reaction score
ok here's what I remeber which I am 99% sure is right..

sit in the vehicle with the parking brake on and in park seat belt unbuckled. trun the ignition t o the "on" position. wait till the seatbelt light goes off then click and un click your seat belt 9 times. once you complete that you should see the light come back on and go off.. now click and unclick it once more and that should do it.

dzltech1

Reaction score
Nickbf2504x4 said:

thanks in advance

If you get in buckle the belt for 5 seconds then unbuckle it,the chime will not go off,untill you shut off the truck and start again,also you can go to the dealer and get it disabled-takes 2 mins and is free for the first time,under warranty

FIREBALL

Reaction score
Did mine too. Thought it was like 3 or 5 times on the clicking the buckle thing though.
Haven't had to listen to the stupid thing since.