Sorry! And question.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, I just posted this question in the tech articles... Not sure how that happened and I don't see a delete anywhere. Moderator feel free to delete it please. Now the question, I've searched for the answer but I'm currently stuck with just my phone and no Google using the tapatalk app and it doesn't like to load pictures very often. So I'm replacing the front shackles on my truck and the new bushings don't really look like the old ones... Are these still ok to use or did the website lie when they said these would fit my truck? The old bushings have a sort of lip on the outside of the spring, the new ones do not have any sort of lip... Thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old ones look like polyeurothane to me...new are stock type replacements.

They should be fine.

Whats wrong with the old ones?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
If it is squeaking or has a harsh ride, that is typical for urethane bushings. For a daily driver, they are no fun. If you are going to drive hard or off road, they are the thing to have.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving them for now. Ride isn't any harsher than you would expect from a lifted 4x4 f350 lol. The only issue is that for some reason on the passengers side the part of the bushings that lives in between the shackle and spring is mostly gone. You can kind of see it in the picture.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I put them in mine. Actually rides way better. But considering wasn't much left of the old ones.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put them in mine. Actually rides way better. But considering wasn't much left of the old ones.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You referring to the polys or the stock? both bushings look great except for the passenger on the inside of it. I'm thinking on putting some mudflap or some other thicker piece of rubber in there just so that it still functions like normal. Although I really dont think that little bit not being there will hurt it, what do you think?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online