Somebody Needs To Buy Several Of These

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your welcome guys. I'm happy to help another member find parts are really great prices. Now go out and spend that saved money of your loved ones...:D Sure no good reason to save it for another day..:angel:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually it's me asking the wife how much money she saved me today. Lately it's been the other way around.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Wow :eek:

You don't want to know what I paid a few months ago for a new heater and cord from the dealer $$$ :puke:

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ It'll start, but that doesn't mean it's _good_ to do so. The block heater is not just to help start the truck in the cold, it's to heat the engine to the point that there is less friction on cold start-up, which is when the greatest wear and tear on an engine occurs.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know those few days when we got down to -20,-25 F in MI this winter, forgot to plug it in and took alooooot of slow cranking to fire it up. Like 5 minute procedure.
Really gotta get a timer on it and jsut plug er in when i come back in the evening, have the heater turn on at 5 am, leave at 630.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have the heater turn on at 5 am, leave at 630.
I'd give 'er more than that. More like 2.5 to 3 hours. At 15 cents / kWh, we're talking less than half a buck. Timer def. pays for itself within a few uses, compared to leaving it plugged in all night.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I run mine on a timer also. Works great. I use a lamp / appliance timer. Look at the wattage make sure its good for 1000 watts or more. I give mine 5 hrs down to like 15 degrees. Lower than that 8hrs. She will come off high idle in a few minutes that way and have heat quickly

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
They sent me two with mine. Pm me your address and ill send it off here in a few days

Sent from my cyborg implant
That is funny! I emailed seller so lets see what they do. If they don't make good on it I will take you up on that because the one one the truck fell off this winter somewhere on the road so I have none.Thank you

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
The seller replied to my e mail and said he will send me one out Monday. So thanks but you can keep the two they sent you guruat12. I do appreciate the kind gesture

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online