So what did you do with your truck today?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
This was a LOT easier last time when the engine was on a stand.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, I went out and bought a right angle die grinder to clean the mating surface.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Reaction score
Fixed leaking return line, use the spring clamps they work better and do not damage the nipples like pipe clamps. Then went and picked up about a 1 ton of pavers [free] from someone redoing their patio, now I have material for some projects. Had two guys offer to buy the beast, one at the parts store and one while fueling, but I can't get rid of her.

Last edited:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Drove it lol that's all I've done latley I gotta figure out how to make my ac blow harder it's cold but you can barley feel it hitting you so it just keeps you from sweating it doesn't keep you cold.and I gotta figure out the death wobble it has happend with 2 diffrent sets of tires and 2 different front axles I'm stumped lol

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it lol that's all I've done latley I gotta figure out how to make my ac blow harder it's cold but you can barley feel it hitting you so it just keeps you from sweating it doesn't keep you cold.and I gotta figure out the death wobble it has happend with 2 diffrent sets of tires and 2 different front axles I'm stumped lol

I just had a customer with an explorer with similar ac issue (if I am reading your post correctly). His truck is before they went to cabin filters. Anyway after a lot of fun, finally though to use a camera stick down and found debris (mostly dog hair) blocking a lot of his evaporator. I found a "mod" to allow it to accept a cabin filter and while I was in there I scraped off the hair and crap. Eww

My truck is also giving me death wobbles even after replacing worn balls, tie rods, and box. All had excessive play! Still slight wobble although not as bad.

I'm going to be replacing my worn carrier as well as shocks and front wheel bearings as they all also need to be done. Truck has over 250k and I have no repair history on it.

I've also read of people adding a steering stabilizer but I think that masks an issue of the truck having other issues.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I just had a customer with an explorer with similar ac issue. His truck is before they went to cabin filters. Anyway after a lot of fun stuck a camera stick down and found debris (mostly dog hair) blocking a lot of his evaporator. I found a "mod" to allow it to accept a cabin filter and while I was in there I scraped off the hair and crap. Eww

My truck is also giving me death wobbles even after replacing worn balls, tie rods, and box. All had excessive play! Still slight wobble although not as bad.

I'm going to be replacing my worn carrier as well as shocks and front wheel bearings as they all also need to be done. Truck has over 250k and I have no repair history on it.

I've also read of people adding a steering stabilizer but I think that masks an issue of the truck having other issues.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Mines an 86 an I had the d50 an when I would turn sharp on pavement an stuff it would walk if I was turning left an by walking I mean it was like the right tire was walkin in an our.now I've got a d60 an I need to put new axle shaft u joints but we've got the gears outta the hubs so they won't lock it but the tierods were tight an ball joints were to.i don't have a trac bar or steering stabilizers and I've got the ttb shocks lol.it only wobbles when Goin around a left hand turn if I hit a bump.it did it so bad I was in the other lane trying to control it and everything ended up in the floor and I was hitting my head on the roof nearly.it gets worse the slower you get.i was afraid to try an speed up an see if it quit lol

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I gotta put my cold air tubing back to pull form behind the grille. How much of a difference did this make? I recall mine made a difference, but very small (under 100* but noticeable?). Towing the other weekend for the first time since new pump and the truck was very EGT limited. Starting up one hill on the highway (rolling hills, not serious grades) I was distracted talking for about 1-1.5 seconds before beginning my OCD monitoring of gauges and pyro was as 1200 just maintaining 65-ish MPH. Quickly backed out and maintained 1100 or so and gave up a bit of speed. Very little margin for error with my current setup. Really needs an intercooler.

In any event, put a few hundred miles on the truck today to pick up a wastegated turbo that will fit the ZF5 I'll be swapping in. Applied a few heat and PB cycles and snapped two studs. One is blind... this should be fun. Could be worse I guess. Hopefully once it's done it'll be an improvement over the first generation Banks on there now.

Haven't been back from our camping trip for long and got called back for summer help 2 days after getting home.

Yes, it made about a 100* or a little more of a difference. Would be a lot better if I had a turbo. The camper's gvwr is about 7400 lbs and has to weigh over 10K. I thought my problems were going to be the step back road, low speed hills with turns in them, but it turned out to be the biggest hill on my trip with a run up (speed limit at 55 mph). She almost made it to 220*F on coolant and I was riding 1150*F on EGT's pretty hard. Glad I typed with the intake tubing.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 87 18 months ago it was a hard starter, PO had larger batteries installed, longer and taller,would not fit in battery tray correctly, but I didn't realize this, any how put new fuel return lines on it, cured hard start problem, next doing some battery service for last winter, new terminal ends (HD vs. auto style) and hold downs, found battery case rubbing on edge of tray, so spaced it up with some plywood, but damage done already, started leaking acid, my new hold downs accelerated the problem, so some new correct 65 group batteries, (old ones going on 5 years anyway) next will be some new battery cables,$$, there too far gone to save anymore. Had to clean them and re-attach cables to terminals to get it to start though, even with new batteries, shows how important good cables and terminals are!

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old 2.5" thrush glass pack was starting to look a little shabby last summer. good 'ol rust was getting to it, so I decided to be proactive and start getting parts to replace the old exhaust with a new 5" setup. This spring the tailpipe disconnected from the back of the muffler, and I was just getting around to installing the new stuff when the muffler got so loose at the front end, I broke it off with little effort. So, here's some pics because I know we all like pics! :D

old glass pack with the ends rotted off and a 5" system. I looked up parts online and took measurements and didn't really realize the true scale of the muffler.. Part number search shows its stock replacement for a Bluebird bus..

This is the factory pipe, and the thin sheet clamped to it is the end of the glasspack I had installed a couple years ago.

Install complete! 5" doesn't seem so big on these trucks.

Fits nicely. I was having some moments of doubt but I trusted my prior judgement with the measurements and got 'er done!

Sound? Well, I drove it one day without any muffler; just 2.5" pipe dumping under the bed, and that was a bit louder/raspier. From what I can tell, the 5" is deeper and definitely quite loud. Louder than the glass pack dumping under the bed after the tail pipe busted off. Still sounds a bit like a big block gasser. But that may change! I'm eagerly anticipating a trip later this month to possibly pick up an ATS 088 system. May not be the best available, but its a starting point for me and my budget; wifey approved! ;Sweet

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck -

finally replaced my failed trans temp gauge.good to have that working again.replaced with another and instantly fixed.

speaking about finally,i finally replaced my rear tanks fuel sending unit with a NOS sender assembly i scored on ebay for just a touch over 100$
so all these years now carrying around a new poly tank,i can finally start using it lol!

part#
F2TZ9275D

bumped timing up from 8 to 9 BTDC. (fuel economy experimenting again.)

Cowboy Cadillac

Reaction score

How she ran at 2200' above sea level, with an exhaust leak off passenger side manifold, with unknown timing, fuel pump settings and injectors. Got my baseline regardless. Intercooler and boost controlled water **** to be installed and some delving into previous owners settings. Also did the Burn out competition, trying to load video but isn't the best. I tried either way. Need posi of some discription, already have roll control to be installed. Lots of comments after about how the 2 duallys (mine and my buddys lowered 1994 12V D****) were the best thing to see all day......and there were 1400+HP trucks on Dyno....( cant get first pic to load without clicking the attachment)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk